This article covers items that are nothing to do with transferring freetobook to a new owner but are items that have been overlooked in the past and cause the buyer extra hassle.
- Make sure that you have purchased both domain name and website prior to completion. Ensure you have the contact details of the person managing the website or the log in details if it was managed by the property themselves.
- Make sure you have purchased the email address and have log in details for that.
- Make sure you have arranged to retain the existing business phone number as this will have a value to the business and will be known to previous customers and websites.
- Make sure that you transfer or have a broadband connection on moving in day as you will need to access your online diary and emails immediately.
- Make sure that your solicitor has arranged for the copyright or permission to use images on the website and other marketing material passed to you, whether they be pictures taken by the current owners or taken on their behalf by a third party.
- Make sure that you or your solicitor have ensured that the existing owners have arranged to transfer the ownership of Google Business/Map and Trip Advisor Listings or provided valid logins. These have proven to be difficult to transfer after sale in the past.
- Make sure you or your solicitor have ensured that the existing owners have arranged to transfer any social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc. into your name or provided you with logins.
REMEMBER: Change all passwords on all accounts as soon as you have ownership of them to ensure you are the only person that can access the accounts