If you are currently with freetobook and are selling your property then please let us know right away, that way we can help you through the process of handing off your account to the buyer, ensure that all connections remain in place and that guests' bookings are not impacted.
You can contact us on 0141 270 2173 or pop a message in the helpdesk to let us know. We'd appreciate as much information as possible so please let us know if you have a likely sale date, the contact details of the buyer and also your forwarding email address & mobile number (in case there are payments due back to you or we need to contact you).
Before the sale completes
- Advise and online travel agents you currently work with (i.e. booking,com, Airbnb etc) that you are selling the property and that the buyer will continue to operate the business, they will advise you of any action you need to take in order to transfer the account. Exception: If you are on the managed Expedia account freetobook will update Expedia for you)
- If you have a physical credit card machine in the property or are using FabPay then you will need to give notice to your current merchant provider. This cannot simply be passed to the buyer.
- Browse this article on non-freetobook items and check if any apply to you.
After the sale completes
- Advise freetobook via helpdesk that the sale has been completed
- Contact online travel agents to confirm that the sale has been completed so that they know you are not liable for commission payments going forward
- Ensure that the transfer of your Stripe.com account has been actioned